Monday, August 25, 2008

Checking in...

Axis here,

I'm currently in the midst of a steady run of gigs which has required a fair amount of my time lately. I'm trying to add material, handle bookings and deal with the ongoing equipment & gear issues that seem to be plaguing me. Nevertheless, I've enjoyed playing out this summer. But, I did want to pop up here and say a quick hello though.

There's quite a bit going on, eh? The Olympics in China, VP announcements, a very sticky situation in Georgia and the DNC is underway. The GOP's takes it's turn next week in MN. Watching some of these news agencies react to these carefully conceived & elaborate productions has been something to behold. I'm not sure that Fox even knows the thing is happening. Someone may want to send them a text or something. "OMG the DNC started! Whoops... LMAO" I believe today may have been my first ever visit to the Fox "News" site and as one might expect, Michelle Obama's speech was back page news. After some digging I finally found a brief accounting of the event. There's no way she was going to compete with the likes of, "Baseball Team's Pitcher 9, Ousted for Being too Good"! And then there are those that seem to have gotten in to "the Kool Aid" if you will, like MSNBC's Keith Olberman. This man has gotten so INCREDIBLY excited on a couple of occasions that I'm afraid he may end up having some sort of accident right on set before its all over. I think I'll continue to steer clear of the majority of the fluff and fast forward through the highlights in the wee hours, only occasionally pausing to observe the Rachel Maddow/ Pat Buchanan dynamic in action. The talk radio (I can't bring myself to call it news radio), that I've been eavesdropping in on here and there is extremely hard to handle. I honestly do not know where some of these people are coming.

I think I may spend a little time with this and maybe I'll have more on this later. But, for now I'm going to try and get some sleep.

Bye for now,
-A

No comments: