that the new Mellencamp is actually... good!?! A little too harsh perhaps from a non song writing son of a bitch, I know.
While, Freedom's Road did show some improvement over his last LP of original material (in my humble opinion), it's been awhile since I've really looked forward to his new releases with the same anticipation as say, "Whenever We Wanted" or "Human Wheels". He's definitely got some good tunes, they just seem to come a long a little less frequenty.
If you catch him live, the little bastard will show up with his mega band and rock your house, the neighbors house and leave you shaking your ass while he splits with classics to spare. But by any chance, did anyone happen to catch his last appearance on Real Time? He started off okay but, by the time Bill Maher commented him about "some" of the legions of flat lined, flag waving, nincompoops who have adopted John's anthems, Mellenballs's response (paraphrasing here) was something to the effect of, "what's wrong with them/people being naive?"
I truly appreciate the place from where these songs come from Johnny & I'm witcha on some of the stuff. But it was you who wrote stuff like, "you've got to stand for something, or you're gonna fall for anything", correct? Ignorance and indifference are the clouds from which the rain falls on your Scarecrow brother... no? Regardless, for the first time in a while, I'm stoked about sitting and listening to what you and the band have to say. Hit me Pop Singer...
Peace
-A
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment