Monday, November 10, 2008

Dear Santa...


Apparently riding a euphoric wave over having voted for the winning candidate in his school's Presidential Election, a certain 7 year old figured that while he was hot he'd go to work on his Christmas list. Seemingly under the impression that since things were going oh so well, gifts would surely begin to magically fall out of the sky and he proceeded to bang out an impressive short list, just for starters mind you.

Observe the Boy Wonder's wish list which I have transcribed below:

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I want a go cart and I-touch and Madden '09 and MLB '09. I want catcher's gear for baseball. A coke machine. Season tickets for the Rays and going in the dugout and be the ball boy.

Did you get all that? That was go cart, I-touch, Madden and MLB '09 and catcher's gear. Well, a few of those are possibilities. But a freaking COKE MACHINE? Just what we need, the young lad all jacked up on and endless supply of sugar and caffeine. I wonder if he considered the logistical challenges of trying to get a sled up into full flight with a gigantic Coke Machine on board before making his request? Doubt it. Nevermind trying to fit that bitch down the chimney! And then there are the Rays tix. Not just tickets to a game or maybe a couple of games... oh no, not blondie. SEASON tickets Jack! I didn't even know what a season ticket was until I was 22 years old. Amazing. And I wasn't aware that Santa is in the business of delivering people employment opportunities. I can't remember the last time I saw ball boy on the Career Builder web site but you can't blame a kid for trying.

You gotta love um!
-A

No comments: