Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Alaskan Amber



This evening I decided it was time for a nice, cold Alaskan Amber. Nothing goes down smoother and has a greater taste than this local angel of a brew. The label is distinctly Alaskan. Alaskan is offered by the local brewery and restaurants in town in a variety of flavors.

Of all the pleasures of living in this great state, none is finer than cracking open a fresh Alaskan Amber. G'night all.

I propose a toast to our new MRF mascot. He's a real winner. Love those crumbs on that enormous girth.


-Nanook

2 comments:

WMRF Tampa said...

Just seeing that bottle and that cold pint makes my mouth water. I can vouch for Nanook' assesment. This is, hands down, the best beer I have ever tasted. It's robust, flavorful and very smooth. Luckily I've been able to enjoy some over the years. First on a trip to Juneau in 1990 to see Nanook, and a few times after, when the man himself actually flew some down to share with me in Florida.

WMRF Tampa said...

Blogging about beer... that's a good place to be.

I couldn't agree more, that picture is a thing of beauty. It inspired me to pour a Guinness Draught after a night of traveling.

I'll be on the lookout for the Alaskan next time I go to Disney World aka Total Wine and Spirits. They've got quite a selection Nanook. Next time you come down we'll make a run over there, pick up some Fat Tire and cook up some Soylent Dogs (Seattle's finest) at the house.

"To zzzzzaaaaa dungeonnnn!!"

Burgermeister Meisterburger... out.

-A